To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Embedded Firmware Engineer
IGT • Reno, NV
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT’s Software Foundation Team is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented software engineer to join our Embedded Firmware Team. Responsible for implementing low-level software that drives the peripherals of our most successful product lines, the Embedded Firmware Engineer works closely with Software, Mechanical, and Electrical engineering to light, spin, and bring life to a variety of electro-mechanical devices. Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop testing requirements, hardware specifications, deployment configurations, and solve challenging problems in a resource-constrained real-time software environment.First Year Goals
• Design, develop, and maintain firmware to drive wheels, lights, buttons and custom peripheral devices of IGT’s latest premium products.
• Develop custom firmware to support IGT’s first-party game development studios in creating the industry’s best player experiences.
• Collaborate with electrical and mechanical engineering to design and drive industry-leading electronics and peripheral devices.
• Develop and maintain structured C and in a mature code base.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
• Experience with embedded firmware development.
• Knowledge of USB project design and implementation.
• Strong C programming skills.
• Passion for solving challenging problems.Preferred Qualifications
• Ability to read / critique electrical engineering
schematics and device datasheets
• Familiarity with serial transport methods, including SPI,
• Working knowledge of test equipment such as In-Circuit
Emulators (ICE) and oscilloscopes (highly desired)
• Strong self-motivation and initiative
• Working knowledge of C# and C++
• Knowledge and practical application of object-oriented modeling, design and developmentSpecial requirements needed
Must be at least 21 years of age
Able to obtain a Gaming License
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.