8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job:
The Talent Acquisition Manager will lead a team of recruiting associates to identify top talent across the country by proactively creating and implementing talent sourcing strategies. The Talent Acquisition Manager will lead his/her team to identify new tools and channels to find and attract top talent.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement targeted sourcing strategies for hard to fill roles across geographical regions, building a pipeline of top talent for current and future opportunities
- Be the subject matter expert on recruitment sourcing; stay up -to-date on latest sourcing tactics and strategies and conduct training for team as needed. Identify and research new sourcing technologies and tools and evaluate them for CarMax usage
- Find meaningful opportunities to reach passive candidates through unique and targeted channels relevant for different populations
- Understand business needs by gathering information from multiple channels, including but not limited to, standard reporting, corporate and store communications, information provided by HR leaders.
- Work with direct reports to ensure priorities are clear, monitor work load, and confirm objectives are being met.
- Ensure associates are engaged by regularly connecting through conversations, meetings, understanding what motivates them, and providing clear and timely developmental feedback and opportunities.
- Consult with our Recruiting partners to help build and grow our employment brand through internal and external resources and tools
- Actively participate and lead cross-departmental projects and initiatives as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4-year college degree or military experience strongly preferred; HR certifications a plus
- 2-5 years full-cycle recruiting, or sourcing experience required
- 2 years minimum managing and developing teams required
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, to external vendors, candidates, direct reports and leaders required
- Ability to utilize data, both quantitative and qualitative to effectively manage the priorities and workload of a team
- Retail experience preferred
Internal Associates: successful completion of MDP is required
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone Phone number blocked - click to apply ext. 3888 or email Email blocked - click to apply.