A Design Engineer collaborates with coworkers, customers, and suppliers to utilize the latest technologies while creating equipment for integration into distribution and production solutions and throughout the material handling industry. This involves understanding the customer’s goals and objectives in order to develop and support smart engineered solutions. The Design Engineer I may be responsible for several phases of a project, occasionally across several projects at once.
The Design Engineer I is an entry-level position for an individual learning to apply basic knowledge of applicable theories and practices to provide value to Bastian Solutions’ engineering teams. The Design Engineer I’s responsibility is to participate as a team member for development projects in order to deliver a high-quality product to the market. Primary job functions include 3D modeling, drafting, hand calculations and analysis to verify the product’s design, and project documentation up to and including product specifications, testing procedures, and technical reports. A successful Design Engineer I will be able to learn and show the drive to adequately demonstrate all the basic engineering skills needed for the job responsibilities.
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or Technology, or 5+ years’ relevant industry experience required. Hands on mechanical capabilities will be frequently relied upon. Computer literacy, specifically
with MS Office products, AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks preferred.
General Job Duties
* Modify, critique, and release equipment designs per customer and Bastian Solutions specifications and standards
* Collaborate with Automation, Controls, or Commissioning engineers to create 3D layouts for system studies
* Create detailed installation and layout drawings
* Troubleshoot and modify manufactured equipment, creating red line drawings, updating SolidWorks models and drawings to create As-Built packages prior to shipment
* Effectively communicate schedules, design concepts, and training to personnel at Bastian Solutions and end user facilities
* Create and modify mechanical manuals, preventative maintenance schedules and tasks, and troubleshooting guides
* Attend training and become certified in applicable technologies or programs
* Be a team member and contributor within the office, providing help outside of department scope when required
* Deliver projects that meet or exceed customer’s expectations, developing repeat customers.
* Attend meetings and functions on time with active involvement
* Research new components and materials, providing recommendations for adoption into standards
* Coordinate with other engineers or teams to ensure all components are accounted for across disciplines
* Support project installations and post-startup mechanical maintenance trips
* Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
* SolidWorks experience
* AutoCAD experience, 2D and 3D
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
* Travel – 30% Project Installation and maintenance training, 10% post startup maintenance, and 5% customer and vendor site visits
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
* Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
* Vacation/Holiday Pay
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Volunteer Work
* Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
* Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Installations (Computer Systems)