To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marinette, WI 54143
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Operating Room Technician
Bay Area Medical Center • Marinette, WI
Posted 2 days ago
To maintain the sterile field in the operating and clinic procedure rooms, being constantly vigilant to see that proper aseptic techniques are utilized to prevent contamination and infection. To assist the surgical team as the sterile member who passes instruments, sutures, and sponges during surgery. To assist in the patient’s plan of care as well as setup and turnover duties. This position covers surgical procedures in both ipatient, outpatient surgical and clinic services. Assist in outpatient urology clinic as needed.
- Assists in the set up of the operating room and clinic procedure room prior to the procedure. Assembles necessary instruments, equipment, and other supplies.
- Checks, adjusts, and operates OR or clinic equipment such as sterilizers, tables, lights, electrosurgical units, suction units, and diagnostic equipment.
- Assists with preparing patients for surgery by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites. Also, transports and positions patients on table, and covers them with surgical drapes.
- Scrubs hands and arms, puts on sterile operating room attire to be able to work within the sterile field established around the patient and to handle the sterilized instruments, equipment, and supplies used in the procedure.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon by passing instruments and providing sterile items in an efficient manner.
- Helps prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and applies dressings as directed.
- Assists with turnover duties as needed.
- Restocks and organizes supplies, instruments, and equipment for the operating room or procedure areas.
- Assists with patient visits, chart preparation, scheduling and other assisstive functions as needed.
- Adheres to Joint Commission professional standards and BAMC policies and procedures. Attends in-service training sessions as appropriate.
- Patient intake to include: weight, blood pressure, temparature, reason for visit, etc.
- Assist physician during clinic procedures and other patient care needs when needed.
- Administer medications as prescribed. Dressing changes as needed.
- Support patient teaching on prevention of disease, health maintenance and disease management.
- Relay the physician's instructions ot the patient.
- Assist in chart preparation - plase phone calls to obtain information pertinent to patient's appointment and pre-op information.
- Able to provide care for patients for population of all age groups. Maintains age specific competencies.
- Must be able to complete the physical, sensory and mental requirements of the position.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Graduate of a school of surgical technology.
- Must have high energy level with ability to work under stress of the operating room atmosphere and exhibit emotional maturity, stability, and flexibility.
- At least 2 years recent (within 3 years) experience in a physician clinic position, preferably in a urology office.
- American Heart Association BCLS required.
- Previous OR and urological experience required.
Working Conditions: Potential exposure to Latex products, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, and communicable diseases. Exposure to body fluids, human tissue, contagious diseases, and sharps as well as unpleasant sights, odors, and materials. Exposure to electrical current. Environment is climate controlled.