To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
- Christopher Thomas
- Phone: 3059086056
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Electrical Engineer
Aerotek • Miami, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Our Client is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in the Coral Gables office. This person would be part of the Southeast Electrical Group, supporting a diverse book of business including condos, hotels, mixed-use, theme park attractions, facilities, government (NAVFAC, USACE, NASA, DOD, DOT, etc.), and other various project types.
- Be able to lead and mentor designer level staff on all of their responsibilities.
- Responsible for meeting firms engineering quality levels for discipline on assigned projects.
- Oversees development of design concepts by Designers, and ensure proper application and execution.
- Verifies designer's s work quality regarding specifications, reports, code application, submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables, and drawings.
- Mentors and encourages development of Designer level staff.
- Responsible for applying firms risk management practices of project engineering.
- Leads the design team to produce construction documents that meet the project requirements within the allocated schedule and budget.
- Meets the objectives while minimizing erroneous efforts.
- Have a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and advanced concepts to execute all required aspects of discipline engineering.
- Encourages collaboration to seek the best solutions.
- Front-end loads projects and apply best practices to set the proper direction of the project in SDs and DDs.
- Manages work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
- Writes studies and reports for Electrical systems on projects.
- Executes complex electrical designs with conflicting design requirements or difficult coordination.
- Perform front-end loading of Electrical systems for projects.
- Contributes to revisions of company design standards and master specifications Market Sector.
- Expert in specific Electrical requirements for applications within a market sector(s)
- Evaluates Value Engineering (cost cutting) items with respect to our level of risk.
- Edits and develops basis of design narratives documenting project scope.
- Responsible for balancing multiple projects at a time
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Registered Professional Engineer in Florida
- 7+ years of electrical experience in the Building Engineering field.
- Strong communication skills for interactions across multiple disciplines, including clients and internal staff
- Must have the ability to price work
- Must have proven experience with providing quality control and quality assurance of work
- AutoCAD and REVIT MEP is a plus
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Experience in the Miami market is preferred
- Diversity of projects- condos, hotels, mixed-use, theme park attractions, facilities, government (NAVFAC, USACE, NASA, DOD, DOT, etc.)
- International Firm with the opportunity to work on and travel to projects around the world (if desired / not required)
- Very large company, with a lot of opportunity for exposure to leadership and career development and career options (Electrical Group Manager started as a production engineer 10 years ago)
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to work remote when needed
- If interested in Project Management, training and development will be provided.
If you or anyone you know is interested, please email resumes to the email address listed below!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.