To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Technical Lead
DLH • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 2 months ago
DLH is a trusted solution and systems provider in the Federal space of technology-enabled healthcare and public health services, medical logistics, and readiness enhancement services to military service members, veterans, children and families, and our at-risk and underserved communities. We have two main offices and staff that span across the entire United States. We leverage the latest technologies for our IT solutions to include cloud platforms, Agile/DevOps, advanced security measures, mobile workforce and more. Our operations and environments follow industry best practices and numerous Federal regulations.
The Senior Software Technical Lead will report to our Director of Information Technology Solutions & Architecture. This position will provide technical leadership and oversight across development teams in the areas of: architecture and design, trade studies, design reviews, story definition, test planning, production planning, operations and enhancements. The role also requires hands on coding experience, use of Agile and DevOps tools, and the ability to review and improve other team member’s technical work. This is a unique opportunity that combines hands-on experience, release and delivery planning, operational management, all within an environment with the latest state-of-the-art cloud technologies, enterprise systems, and DevOps platforms.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop technical and implementation plans and take full ownership
- Enhance efficiency of development, test and release process; develop tools, frameworks
- Proactive problem-solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions.
- Prioritize and multitask while coordinating tasks among teams
- Experience in prototyping, IT product research, MVC, and documentation
- Lead Design and Analysis using: Design Patterns, OO Analysis and design, UML modeling
- Perform code deployments, database backups and ongoing maintenance of applications
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- 10-15 years of experience in Software Development, Design, Architecture, system study, analysis, implementation and complete product life cycle of the software projects.
- 8 years of combined development experience using Object Oriented and open source technologies.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated on-the-job experience with active coding in Object oriented programming languages and in-depth knowledge of data structures.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated on-the-job experience Leading teams, designing/shaping an easy to understand User Interface (UI) in a technically complex solution space and Agile processes.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience as a Developer leveraging Service Oriented Architectures (SOAP and/or REST) in applications
- Work experience with code versioning and management tools, such as Git, bitbucket & continuous integration methodologies
- Knowledge and expertise with Agile Methodology and Atlassian tools.
- Test driven development experience: Unit, performance, functional, integration, white/black box testing
- Good Understanding & working knowledge of RDMS database concepts and principles
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, Dependable, work independently, Self-motivated and quick learner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate technical issues and status to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, as well as work independently.
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies with a keen attention to detail.
- Participate in audit activities as needed including review and remediation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Values diversity of talents, skills and backgrounds that others bring to the team.
Formal Education and Certification:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, Masters a plus.
- Certifications to include CSM, Java Certifications
Technology Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong GIT, Code review and DevOps experience
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Experience using Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with MongoDB and RDMS databases