Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Sr. Database Analyst joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation
The DBA will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and testing of multiple databases for the project.
- Perform daily administrative tasks, including backup/recovery, performance optimization, space management, DB health, monitoring event logs, and troubleshooting to maintain a databases in support of multiple teams and client needs.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply patches, as needed
- Writing automation to provision and manage PostgreSQL on Kubernetes
- Actively contribute to Crunchy PostgreSQL Container-related Open Source Projects
- Create and maintain SQL scripts for data extraction, migration and maintenance
- 5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Proficient in Linux, to include installation and daily use as a development environment
- PostgreSQL or other similar database experience
- Experience with Linux AND git
- Desire to learn Golang, Cloud Foundry, and Kubernetes
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)