WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types-from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
Bridge design, inspection, and maintenance is a core strength of Michael Baker International. We have an established presence with work throughout Arkansas for a variety of clients including ARDOT, as well as local Counties and Municipalities. The Bridge Engineer will be provided the opportunity to join a talented group of individuals to help deliver some of the Region’s most important projects.
- Perform complex structural analysis and prepare design calculations
- Develop or assist in developing structural details and construction plans using a variety of industry standard software packages.
- Assist and check design calculations performed by others
- Prepare geometric/bridge layouts, construction specifications, and material quantity calculations.
- Supervise and train other structural engineering staff with less experience.
- Successfully interface with staff from a range of other disciplines (traffic, civil, planning, etc.) to support a diverse range of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. registration in Arkansas or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 10 years of related experience
- Familiarity with ARDOT project processes and standards
- Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, and knowledge of staged construction analysis
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD Bridge design specifications required
- Experience with Design-Build delivery, preferred
- Experience with ARDOT or ARDOT bridge plan layout; preferred
- MicroStation experience is preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.