The Customer Care Banker serves the integral role of being “the backbone of the bank” by providing superior customer service to both external and internal customers in accordance with the organization’s vision, values, team guidelines, and overall business plan. This position works on first call resolution for any calls made into the bank by customers. Position requires an in-depth understanding of bank products and policies to effectively resolve any issues or questions from customers and thus cultivate recognition in areas of opportunity on organizational process improvement, consistencies, and innovation. Customer Care Bankers have a direct impact on the bank’s profit and productivity by capitalizing on opportunities for sales and service while alleviating calls from bankers on the floor of the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first call resolution to customers via the phone by providing a superior customer experience through service and sales.
- Address and resolve customer complaints in a professional and effective manner, reflective of organization’s mission, values, and team guidelines and use discretion on when to elevate calls to manager resolution.
- Provide sales and referrals to other areas of the organization by being knowledgeable of bank products and customer needs.
- Provide policy and process suggestions and recommendations, based on observations of current organizational procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Full- time and part-time opportunities available. Shifts are between the hours of 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM with Saturday rotation.
High School diploma required, college degree preferred, with 3+ years of customer service experience required.
At Western State Bank, “what” you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers.Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
Western State Bank is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC.
Training And Development