Organization Vibra + Ernest
Mesquite Specialty Hospital is seeking a PRN Pharmacy Technician to join our team!
*Coverage is needed for evenings, and some weekends; occasional morning shifts.
The Pharmacy Technician, under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, performs a wide variety of technical and clerical duties related to the hospital drug distribution system. Duties would include filling physician orders by preparing and distributing medications, including intravenous admixtures and extemporaneous drug preparations, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining confidential patient records. May participate in the hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Program with a focus on patient safety and public health.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Pharmacy Technician in the state of employment required.
- Valid driver’s license necessary in states with multiple facilities requiring delivering to sites.
- Six (6) months experience in a hospital pharmacy preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.
Maintain Patient Confidentiality
Verify Insurance Coverage
Support To Pharmacists
Unit Dose Medications