Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products thatshape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solvecomplex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build andpower. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advancedmanufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiencythat ensure customer success and shareholder value.
In the first half of 2020 Arconic will separate into twostand-alone industry-leading public companies. Each will have significantglobal reach. To learn more about this exciting transformation, visit ourwebsite.
The Global Information Services (GIS) Integration Servicesteam is responsible for creating and implementing integration strategy for theArconic applications area to integrate between internal and external systems.The team uses Oracle SOA Suite, including OSB for internal integrations and SOAB2B to connect to hundreds of external Customers/Partners. The team maintains theenvironment to ensure continuous operations and actively designs and buildsinnovative solutions to address business and customer needs.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide projectmanagement through internal consulting to refine integration projectrequirements, technical guidance, integration support and compliance activitieswithin the Integration Services area. Responsibilities includeinteracting with internal and external customers to understand integrationneeds and creating specification documents, designing solutions, coordinatingtechnical work and working with offshore support and development teams.
Essential Functions:The functions of the Senior Systems Analyst, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)within GIS include but is not limited to:
- Primarily working with our internal customers and external trading partners to understand their integration needs and translate into technical specifications
- Work as technical leader for the Integrations area to guide internal and external customers to follow and implement integration standards.
- Manage and deliver multiple integration projects under tight deadlines and accelerated customer timelines
- Implementation of new EDI solutions and enhancement of existing ones.
- Coordinate with support team and customers/trading partners to resolve support issues
- Support compliance activities within the Integrations area
- Research and recommend new methods and techniques to improve operations.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of systems architecture, hardware, operations, and system life cycle.
- Must have strong human relation skills and be able to interact with internal and external customers at all levels, vendors, and other IT professionals.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to develop & sustain strong customer relationships.
- Development and enhancement of standard operating procedures and processes to ensure reliable delivery of information technology while championing process improvements.
- Business Unit and Resource Unit customers
- Plant and Business Unit IS customers
- Arconic Customers, Suppliers, Banks and other trading partners
- Work team, peers, manager and other relevant personnel in the GIS organization
- Bachelors’ Degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with customers
- Minimum of 2 years creating and delivering EDI integration solutions
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Java
- Experience managing small projects
Process Improvements (Business)