Working with our business partners to create, improve and sustain industry and infrastructure. Orbital Engineering has been driven by this core purpose for more than 50 years - energizing Orbital team members and helping our clients solve challenging and complex problems with innovative engineering, inspection, and construction solutions. Orbital team members are guided by the fundamental beliefs of building trusted relationships, personal accountability, innovation, and excellence in everything we do. Orbital is looking for others to join our team to continue activating our purpose and embrace our values.
Orbital is currently seeking aMechanical Engineer
to assist with single and multi-discipline projects at our Hammond, IN office.The position requires the Engineer to perform in various roles related to detailed engineering design, project execution, technical support, and customer relationship development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Field engineering and mechanical equipment inspections.
- Performing engineering studies, calculations, detailed design documents & specifications, and project cost estimates; providing installation support services.
- Developing, maintaining, and upgrading technical standards & specifications for use on specific projects, as well as for use in Orbital’s centralized design and reference database.
- Completing all tasks in accordance with design and project execution procedures and guidelines, as set forth in Orbital’s corporate Quality Management System.
- Providing technical support for customers and supporting regional business development initiatives as a technical resource.
- Reviewing calculations, drawings, and reports produced by other engineers in the office.
- Managing progress of projects relative to established plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Overseeing performance of and reviewing hydraulic and pipe stress analyses.
- Contributing to company improvements in work flow, methods of work execution, and technical standards.
- Establishing project design bases through interpretation of relevant industry codes & standards including ASME, API, CGA, etc. Familiarity with petroleum industry design standards and high-temperature design applications is preferred.
- Coordinating activities for projects which develop into continued work for repeat business with established clients, as well as for expansion into other areas of work with new clients.
- Supervising work of others, at times functioning as project manager, project leader, or process consultant.
- Interfacing directly with client or client’s representative, as needed.
Individuals exposed to heavy industrial environments and marketplaces given preference. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical. Candidates should have thorough understanding and aptitude in the use of current computer software including general MS Office products, and design & business enterprise software. This position will include some field engineering work and occasional travel should be expected.Education and Credentials:
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of prior relevant engineering experience is required, with preference given to individuals exposed to heavy industrial environments and marketplaces.
- Familiarity with and aptitude for the use of current computer software, including general Office products and design & business enterprise software. Software experience desired includes AFT Fathom/Impulse, AutoCAD, Autodesk Plant 3D, CAESAR II, Inventor, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, Primavera, and/or ASPEN Icarus.
- Must have good interpersonal and client-facing skills.
- Must have effective written and oral communication, reasoning skills and ability to solve practical problems, and task management between multiple engineering disciplines.
Orbital Engineering, Inc. has provided worldwide professional engineering and consulting services since 1969. Our commitment to quality, responsiveness, and attention to detail has earned us the reputation as a leading provider of engineering and design services.
A commitment to excellence and hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, career advancement opportunities, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, 401(k), and supplemental insurance.Orbital Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO/AA/M-F-V-D. Orbital Engineering, Inc. seeks diversity among its employees. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Inventor
- Business Development