To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46221
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Engineer (Based at the Indianapolis EfW facility)
Covanta • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 2 months ago
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Covanta-Map . For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
The Regional Engineer is responsible for coordinating with local plant management and corporate engineering to optimize and monitor plant performance. The Regional Engineer will also be expected to evaluate and manage projects at the facilities, including concept and scope development, RFQs, and project management.
The duties of the Regional Engineer include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring of plant performance and efficiency including water rate, parasitic load, and overall plant efficiency. Meet with regional and facility management to identify shortfalls and opportunities and implement action plans for improvement.
• Manage growth capital projects within the region. Help develop concepts, scopes and RFQs to grow our core business. Work with third party engineers and contractors to develop concepts and perform project execution.
• Develop test protocols and implement for the purposes of troubleshooting process problems. Analyze data and use systematic approach to solving process issues and limitations. Must be able to develop cost effective plans for improvements.
• Assist when needed with specific outage inspection activities, particularly as it relates to plant performance and combustion optimization.
• Coordinate with local management to ensure compliance with Covanta Technical Standards and assist Regional Ops V.P. with variance request and annual compliance submittals.
• Support corporate growth initiative and R/D efforts as needed within the Region.
Other Requirements. A successful candidate will have good presentation, organization and people skills. Reading and interpretation of technical documents and manuals, mechanical and electrical drawings, AutoCAD a plus. Solid PC skills a experienced with Excel and Word.
- Candidate must have a BS in Engineering with 5 years minimum experience in Steam Plant Operations or Engineering with an emphasis on process engineering, combustion controls and monitoring.
- Project Management experience also critical.
- This job requires frequent travel and oversight of third party engineers and contractors.
- A highly motivated, self starter with the ability and tenacity to solve problems.