OverviewBeautiful Winnie Palmer HospitalOne of the largest NICUs in the nation
We have an exciting opportunity for a neonatologist to join our team of 15 neonatologists and 10 neonatal nurse practitioners at Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies in Orlando, Florida.
- Well-established and respected practice cares for 1,500 babies annually in our state-of-the-art,142-bed NICU
- Our sister hospital, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, provides the NICU with extensive pediatric and surgical subspecialty services
- Our NICU is supported by RN/RT teams for the delivery room and transports and PICC lines are managed by a team of RNs
- Winnie Palmer's High Risk Department of Obstetrics attracts a variety of fascinating fetal and neonatal cases and includes a Women's Intensive Care Unit
- At the forefront of our practice is solid leadership, excellence in every aspect of our work and a genuine desire to take great care of the patient
- Training of resident physicians
- Abundant opportunities to participate in education, research and clinical development programs
- New Neonatal Intensive Care fellowship program to begin onsite in the summer of 2022
Although known for its theme parks and year-round sunshine, Orlando is equally appealing to nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. White-sand Florida beaches are an easy one-hour drive away, abundant parks and natural areas boast recreational activities and wildlife viewing, and golf-lovers flock to the plentiful premier courses. Disney World and Universal Studios top the list of entertainment activities but there are also a multitude of restaurants, festivals and sporting events to attend. With a diverse population, Orlando has built a cohesive community of reasonably priced residential housing from quaint rural towns to upscale enclaves, many on the numerous lakes dotting the area. Private and public education is excellent with several nationally ranked colleges located nearby. The cost of living is lower than state and national averages and there is no state income tax.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.Benefits
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children. Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.QualificationsResponsibilities
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
- Long Term Care
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality
- Perform Clinical Procedure