To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI 53703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Madison, WI
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking an Accountant in Madison, Wisconsin (WI). Summary: The Accountant will work under the supervision of the Controller. The Accountant will maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers, prepare and analyze budgets, and perform general bookkeeping. The Accountant will be responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable. A 40-hour workweek can be expected, except during month end and year end close. Job Duties:
- Perform administrative duties such as maintaining schedules, providing telephone support, filing, transcription and the production of forms
- Help prepare financial statements and help in determining the company financial position
- Assist manager in month-end accounting close: journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, and balance sheet/ expense account analysis
- Assist accounting manager with accounting system upgrades/conversion
- Other accounting duties and projects as requested
- A Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Business, Management, Information Technology
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Accountants must possess basic math skills, the ability to analyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles and excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently
- Knowledge of computers and familiarity with accounting software is also essential
- Well-rounded in general accounting: Bank reconciliations, Full process A/P, Fixed Assets, Payroll and related entries (accruals), tax- (sales & use, property, W2 and 1099)
- Solid, comprehensive understanding of GAAP and internal control compliance
- Strong computer skills including accounting systems, ADP, Excel, Word