National Account Manager, Florida Job Title National Account Manager, Florida Job # US11218 Requisition Type Regular Function Commercial State/Province Florida City Orlando Region US Posting Start Date Aug-26-2019 Division Information
Spectrum Brands – The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag®, Garden Safe®, EcoLogic® and Liquid Fence®.
The National Account Manager will be managing all activities related to sales and relationship growth with existing and prospect accounts, including strategy development, presentation creation, analysis, forecasting and tactical preparation related to calls and events.
The accounts in this region include – Publix, Southeastern Grocers, Costco Corp, Associated Grocers Miami, and others.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience Profile
- Developing strategies that will maximize the Spectrum Brands SKU listing.
- Identify opportunities from within the existing Spectrum Brands line that will achieve the "best practice" scenario and recommend additions.
- Lead development of annual quotas and profit plan
- Lead sales action plans; monitor actual results vs. plan throughout the year, making adjustments when appropriate.
- Become the expert on assigned accounts. Understand the retailer’s needs, strategies, and objectives. Use this expertise to build the Home & Garden business within each individual account.
- Learn and utilize Category Management and Fact Based Selling concepts in every account.
- Manage Broker partnerships to effectively complete all administrative forms, programs, resets, or projects necessary.
- Work with consumers, store personnel and marketing to identify and evaluate new product ideas
- Target specific prospect accounts for conversion, execute sales action plans, understand account needs, develop relationships and assist in securing new business.
- Build and deliver retailer specific presentations for Line Reviews, Programs, Mid-Season updates, etc.
- Build and closely manage relationships with customers at the buyer level and beyond to create or enhance the partnership
- Provide Division Vice President/Director with regular summaries of total POS performance vs. prior year same period.
An equivalent combination of:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline preferred but not required
- 5 years in retail field sales and direct account responsibility
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ work experience in consumer products industry is preferred
- Experience working with syndicated data or category management preferred
- Strong analytical skills; ability to learn and use syndicated data to forecast trends and projections and analyze the effectiveness of promotional activity
- Solid tactical and strategic abilities; ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong customer focus
- Teamwork approach to accomplishing goals
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and customer organizations
- Strong PC skills (spreadsheet, word processing, presentations)
- Approximately 15% travel required
- Working conditions are normal for a home based office sales environment. Daily travel within sales territory. Occasional exposure to weather when traveling.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.