To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of Corporate Finance Consumer Food & Retail
ExecuNet • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Company’s Consumer, Food & Retail (CFR) Group guides companies on their M&A, restructuring and financial advisory matters, and assists in raising debt and equity capital. In 2017, Thomson Reuters ranked us the No. 1 M&A advisor for U.S. consumer, food & retail transactions under $1 billion. The group has built a reputation as a trusted advisor to companies in the CFR industry, combining extensive market capabilities with in-depth industry knowledge to help maximize shareholder value for our clients.
This particular Vice President role is for Company’s Chicago office with the CFR team, which focuses on providing financial advisory / M&A services to food & beverage companies.
Vice Presidents in the CFR Group play an integral role in all of the firm’s advisory services, including supporting new business development and executing investment banking engagements. Vice Presidents are leaders and active contributors during all phases of the deal process and in business development.
Vice Presidents in the CFR Group are generally responsible for:
- Acting as the day-to-day deal team leader for the execution of M&A transactions;
- Preparing or overseeing the preparation of confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations;
- Assisting in the marketing and planning of engagements; and
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with clients, prospective clients and professional advisors.
The qualities of a successful Vice President in the CFR Group include:
- Significant track record of M&A deal execution
- Proven leadership aptitude
- Creative and strategic thinking skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keen analytical abilities
- Willingness to work intense hours and to work well under pressure
The ideal candidate should also exhibit the following characteristics:
- Prior Associate and Vice President experience, preferably covering the food & beverage or consumer products sectors, or other closely related sectors
- MBA degree from a well-regarded business school, or an undergraduate degree from a well-regarded institution (with a track record of being promoted internally)
- At least three years of professional experience in the investment banking industry
- Ties to Chicago and/or the Midwest and/or a strong desire to reside in Chicago long term