Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Account Rep Government - Toledo, Tiffin, Dayton, OH & SE Michigan to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4749
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Toledo, OH
State or Province : Ohio (US-OH)
Potential Work Location : United States : Ohio : Dayton || United States : Ohio : Tiffin || United States : Ohio : Toledo BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Associate must spend 90% of their time on Government Opportunities and Government Accounts must account for at least 75% of the Total Portfolio. Under close supervision sells MSC products and services to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Sells, under close supervision, MSC products, services, and value adds by visiting and interacting with established and prospective customers to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals.
- Studies MSC’s products/services, sales techniques, and culture, under close guidance of the manager.
- Ensures growth of sales identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of corporate sales goals.
- Responds to customer needs, under manager’s guidance, consistent with MSC standards, culture, and business practices.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team and corporate sales goals.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for MSC management as needed.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Develops a personal business plan under close management supervision to establish personal annual goals.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- Associates Degree or the equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 0-2 years outside sales experience is required.
- Government sales experience is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills are required.
- Basic computer literacy desired.
- 90% of an OSA’s time must be spent on Government – Federal, State or local Government, USPS, or Federal Government contractors; with a maximum of 10% on commercial accounts.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Position requires daily local travel within branch or market territory.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.