To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brentwood, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Pharmacy Technician - US Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Brentwood, TN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the pharmacy prior authorization process. Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer system, verifies whether order is reimbursable.
- Interprets physician's letters of medical necessity, inputs and retrieves prescription information from computer system
- Consults with customers, patients, pharmacists and / or physicians regarding use of medications and formulary alternatives
- Reviews and approves / pends requests for prescription authorizations
- Dispenses any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals and injectables; may compound medications
- Consults with customers, patients and / or physicians regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions
- Consultations may be telephonic or in person
- Reviews and approves / denies requests for prescription prior authorizations
- Enters prescriptions and verifies appropriate information
- Contacts patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Processes prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolves customer issues and ensures accurate information is provided
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Frequently completes work without established procedures
- Works independently
- Acts as a resource for others
- Coordinates others activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 4+ years of Pharmacy related experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Previous experience working with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Continued employment is contingent upon successful Pharmacy Technician license registration as required
- Available to work Tuesday - Saturday schedule (Tuesday - Friday schedule will 10:30 am - 7:00 pm CST and Saturday schedule will be 7:00 am - 3:30 pm CST)
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, UnitedHealth, Pharmacy, Technician