To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
101 MGM National Avenue
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Operations Manager (MGM National Harbor)
MGM National Harbor • Oxon Hill, MD
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Manage assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, the fiscal budget, and the company’s short-term and long-term profitability objectives.
- Continuously evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, forecasts, and budgetary guidelines; ensuring necessary adjustments are made as needed.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Manage/execute the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards within Front Desk and PBX, consistent with established guidelines/standards.
- Assist in development of cost proposals and cost estimates for equipment, departmental changes, and allocation of resources, as needed.
- Oversee/manage accountability processes for departments; ensures compliance with budgetary guidelines, company policies, established departmental guidelines/standards, and legal requirements.
- Develop, prepare, and distribute all documentation/spreadsheets required for tracking, productivity, revenue, and executive review, with both accuracy and timeliness.
- Work closely in mentoring/coaching manager/supervisors in additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Participate in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure MGM National Harbor’s competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Monitor, consistently reevaluate, and implement effective guidelines/procedures for operational efficiencies, guest service, and cost/inventory control.
- Conduct regular staff meetings, and promotes a free exchange of ideas among employees to continuously improve guest service and job satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of, and complies with, all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Develop/maintain current knowledge/familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Work closely with supervisory staff to identify/resolve operational inefficiencies.
- Provide management guidance and technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with Front Desk and PBX.
- Ensure all pertinent information is communicated to staff on a daily basis.
- Review daily business levels, anticipates critical situations, and plans effective solutions to best expedite/resolve these situations.
- Provide guest resolution for all issues/concerns beyond the scope of authority designated to subordinate staff in an expedient and professional manner, exceeding expectations, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Front Desk Manager
- Communications Supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business Management, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least six (6) years of management experience
- At least four (4) years’ experience working in hotel operations of a luxury or major hotel brand
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Working knowledge of Opera
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Gaming License
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Technical knowledge of property management systems and of PC software (MS Word and Excel).
- Maintain professional behavior with guests, owners, and co-workers in challenging situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Hours:
- Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.