To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA 22042
- Dan Perry
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HR Database Administrator
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Falls Church, VA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HR Database Administrator- Falls Church, VA (#14138)
Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services’ business consultants are experts in providing comprehensive advisory and assistance and health care solutions for hospitals, clinics, and military treatment facilities throughout the United States and Guam. CNHS has leveraged mission-critical demand with results-driven excellence for the past 10 years, and continue to do so. CNHS and its partners can provide robust solutions for your evolving needs.
As a tribal 8(a), SBA certified firm, and an unlimited sole source provider to customers, we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise at our disposal. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS’s strong financial support, extensive past performance history and emphasis on quality management expertise allows the company to offer a truly unique value proposition to support any size client base. Large or small, federal or commercial, we are responsive to the mission at hand. CNHS serves customers in more than 27 states and three countries.
Because we represent both Cherokee Nation Businesses and the small business community, it is our intent to serve our customer and provide the best consultants, health care providers, program managers and to do so with integrity.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cnhs.com/Pages/home.aspx
We are in search of a Database Administrator to support the Office of the Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs) (OASD) (HA) Human Resources Division. The ASD (HA) is responsible for the overall policy and guidance of the medical services of the military departments and the political sensitivities related to the activities as expressed by the OSD, Congress, the White House, and the civilian sector. The DHA is responsible for the effective execution and operation of the Department of Defense (DoD) medical mission, which is to provide medical services and support to specified categories of individuals entitled to DoD medical care.
The DHA is a joint, integrated Combat Support Agency that enables the Army, Navy, and Air Force medical services to provide a medically ready force and ready medical force to Combatant Commands in both peacetime and wartime. The DHA supports the delivery of integrated, affordable, and high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and is responsible for driving greater integration of clinical and business processes across the MHS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining various internal/external human resources databases and MPSD SharePoint site.
- Monitor and optimize database performance and tuning of database operations.
- Generate complex queries and reports.
- Perform a wide range of database administration functions, including running test queries, troubleshooting database problems, maintaining version control of database entities, advising customers on new database features, and leading studies to evaluate the effectiveness of current database methods and procedures.
- Provides functional and technical advice to system users ensuring timely implementation of enhancements to the existing systems and to obtain maximum utilization of automated systems.
- Ability to deal effectively with operating officials and functional staffs in gathering of factual and opinion data and in the discussion of significant, controversial automation issues.
- Provides advice and guidance to the Chief, MPSD and other team members on military HR information systems to assist them in their daily decisions and identifying desired system enhancements.
- Prepares and coordinates operating instructions relative to operation of military HR information systems and exports to all users.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally to interpret system requirements for users, produce work products, make presentations, and explain points of view.
- Develops, accumulates and analyzes a variety of statistical data including charts, graphs, or reports reflecting effectiveness and efficiency standings and planned versus actual accomplishments, including narrative explanations for variations indicated.
- Establishes and maintains personnel management database information for the Chief, MPSD including numbers of direct and indirect personnel such as the daily personnel status.
- Writes and/or edits reports briefings, information papers and other informational material designed primarily to report functions of the directorate.
- Prepares clear and accurate briefings. Selects information to be used, determines order of presentation, and assists the Chief, MPSD in automating presentations. Material requires analysis and selection of facts that are drawn from different sources and synthesized into unified presentations. Based on an in-depth knowledge of military human resource programs, principles, and underlying objectives, identifies areas that could be improved through automation of processes.
- Determines the most appropriate type of automated system and format and develops instructions for use.
- Analyzes statistical data related to HR management or programs to identify trends or workforce characteristics that may warrant program changes and/or enhancements.
- Develops statistical feedback reports and processes that pinpoint program deficiencies (or successes) that can be used by the agency making program modifications.
- This position will not have supervisory authority.
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA in Finance or Business is desired but not mandatory and 8 years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel, the current Tri-Services (Army, Navy and Air Force) human resources and medical readiness automated systems including Defense Medical Human Resources System internet (DMHRSi) and the agency internal database, Command Workforce Information Integrated Program.
- Knowledge of and experience with DHA and Service-specific personnel databases, automated tools and/or applications such as: Army: Enlisted Distribution Assignment System (EDAS); Electronic Total Officer Personnel Management Information System (eTOPMIS); Total Officer Personnel Management Information System (TOPMIS); Electronic Military Personnel Office (eMILPO); and Evaluation Enty System (EES) Navy: Fleet Management and Planning System (FLTMPS), Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS) - Administrative view and Command Leave Administrator, Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS) and Bupers-On-Line (BOL). Air Force: Military Personnel Data System (MilPDS); LeaveWeb; Case Management System (CMS); and Base Level Service Delivery Model (BLSDM). Assist with information processing and data management, including maintenance of automated HR systems and DHA website information
Work will be performed in a climate controlled office environment
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.