Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the
Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing
full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true
devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February
2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly
thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full
complement of its services. Driven by quality,
compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person-
body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is looking for a RN Baylor to join our Medical Telemetry Unit for
the Downtown Campus. This is a night shift position.
The RN Baylor
position requires the individual to work two weekend shifts (Friday, Saturday, and/or
Sunday) and one weekday. The individual would then receive bonus payment for an
additional 12-hour shift.
For more information about the physicians and services
provided by Providence Health, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN), Baylor/Nights - Med Tele
- Assesses patient's status within identified functional
health patterns, ie management of health, growth and development, oxygenation,
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursing
diagnosis or collaborative problems which can be addressed through nursing
interventions. Makes nursing judgments based on findings.
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of patient
knowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and content to achieve
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient,
physicians and other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates to
health care team appropriately.
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan and
evaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with
patient's condition. Identifies patient/family responses to treatment and
continually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation of
effectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered by
physicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan of
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patient
progress. Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness of
daily and routine orders based on change in the patient's status.
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patient
is transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire length
of stay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of identified
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally
appropriate care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the patient
care unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support and
assist attending and consulting physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changes
in policies and procedures affecting practice.
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients in
accordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is documented in
clinical records and on plans of care.
Minimum Work Experience
Inpatient Areas: One year experience preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Associate Degreein Nursing
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred
[South Carolina, United States] Registered Nurses
Current SC RN license in good standing required.
BLS & ACLS certification required.
Providence Health Downtown
Nights; two weekend plus one weekdayEqual opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Registered Nurse Certified
Medical Orders For Life Sustaining Treatments