Our client is currently seeking an Area Leader for their Transportation-Construction Management (T-CM) Practice in the Virginia Beach, VA area.
The Transportation Construction Management Area Leader is responsible for leading established groups of Engineers and Inspectors in their area. This position will oversee all aspects of Personnel Management, Project Management and Business Development while serving VDOT, and regional clients on road and bridge transportation projects. As the Area Leader you will support established teams currently managing programs and projects from $10M to $3.7B total construction budgets with multiple owners.
The selected candidate must have a can-do attitude to grow and develop staff while working closely with clients, engineers,?and sub consultants to ensure their needs are met.? This will include leading business planning, marketing, meeting financial performance goals, and fulfillment of the firm’s strategy for the construction services practice in and around the assigned area(s).
Also operating as a Project Manager/Resident Engineer, you must have the credentials and ability to manage Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) teams for VDOT, and regional clients on large complex road and bridge transportation projects.? Additional job duties include implementing quality assurance procedures, preparing and submitting estimates, checking engineering calculations, interpreting contract documents, planning and organizing the work of subordinate and staff members while continually developing and reviewing policies, practices, methods and procedures of a professional work environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Virginia
- 14+ years of experience in Construction Management/Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) in major road or bridge construction
- Prior management/supervisory experience required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- History of managing large complex Department of Transportation Projects with Federal Funding
- 5+ years of experience in managing budgets, business planning, with history of exceeding financial goals
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Business Development
- Business Planning