To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO 64112
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hunter Hamilton • Kansas City, MO
Posted 26 days ago
The Accounting Manager role requires a highly motivated and ambitious individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment. The role requires the management of all aspects of global accounting, including international standalone audits and processes, and accounting policy documentation and compliance. The ideal candidate has an understanding of intercompany transactions and the process for analyzing and capitalizing international entities.
What You Will Do
- Oversee General Ledger accounting and reporting for international locations
- Lead monthly/quarterly/year-end activities
- Manage standalone reporting for overseas locations (including managing external audit relationships)
- Periodic review of financial information with regional financial leadership (e.g. major project progress, revenue recognition, accounts receivable and legal reserves)
- Support the tax team for tax and regulatory reporting
- Assist with ad hoc reporting for internal and external needs
- Participate in the consolidation close process as necessary
- Generate, analyze, and summarize large sets of data for reporting purposes on an as-needed basis
- Work with internal clients to assure compliance with internal accounting policies
- Communicate effectively and on a regular basis with finance staff throughout the firm in a support capacity
- Assist Treasury, Tax and Financial Planning & Analysis on a regular basis
- Participate and/or lead project work as needed to support business process improvement, process changes, new office openings, etc.
- Document and update processes and work flows
- Train assigned team members as needed on new laws and accounting pronouncements, regulations, and processes
- Analyze and assist with recommendations for capitalizing international entities
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Finance/Accounting
- CPA highly desired (or actively pursuing qualification)
- 5+ years accounting experience in a global role
- Experience working with accounting standards and teams in non-US locations
- Ability to direct and supervise a widely dispersed staff
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and other regulatory frameworks
- Excellent understanding of internal control concepts and experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment, and produce accurate and timely deliverables
- Excellent organization and documentation skills