Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Minimum of one (1) year experience as a professional nurse. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Registered nurse in the State with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of the healthcare industry. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written and oral communication skills and human relation skills are essential. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Understands principles of pain/symptom management. Must be able to function in a stressful work environment. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community. Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to learn the hospice business, governmental regulations and CHAP standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.