Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for a Project Manager – Informatics Software Development and Delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position is responsible for managing projects from beginning to end, working closely to software engineers, product management and development, internal business partners, external vendors and other departments. Projects may include software development, process improvement of varying complexity, and operating in an Agile framework. Key performance indicators for this role include on time project delivery to quality, customer satisfaction and cost.
The role requires the ability to work in an environment that is fast paced and to work autonomously and manage to aggressive delivery schedules. The projects led by this individual produce high impact results to drive the organization to achieve its global business objectives.
- Develops and executes project plans, managing time, budget, resources, and/or IT projects
- Ensures delivery per project schedule and budget. Analyzes project risk, and defines mitigation actions of identified risks.
- Creates, manages, and updates project deliverables including technical and/or general project documentation.
- Manages relationships with multidisciplinary functional areas and external vendors.
- Presents project information and data to management and extended teams.
- May require travel based on project needs
Position Accountability / Scope
- Delivery of complex software products on time and on budget.
- Leads development efforts using Agile development frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures, both US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
- Proactively improves processes and fosters transparent communication amongst team.
- Works as part of cross-functional team that includes Global Marketing, Research & Development, Information Technology, Quality, Operations, Regulatory and Business Development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline: At least 3 yrs experience in project management, business systems analysis, or software development.
- Experience in software development projects in a regulated industry (e.g. healthcare, telecommunications, defense).
- Experience in managing software projects with external agencies and vendors preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum or Kanban).
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting Medical device/In Vitro Diagnostic products preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations and industry practices around health care privacy and security preferred.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite: Excel, SharePoint, Visio, Project and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tool set (JIRA, Confluence) preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Manufacturing roles only)
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager – Informatics Software Development and Delivery
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager – Informatics Software Development and Delivery, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager – Informatics Software Development and Delivery and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- Information Technology
- Systems Analysis
- Industry Practices
- Scrum (Software Development)
- Agile Software Development