United States of America
Florida - Remote
WHY JOIN FCS
At Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to having a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
Offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits packages to include loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, 401-K match, pet and legal insurance.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT FCS
Since 1984, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute & Research Institute (FCS) has built a national reputation for excellence. With over 250 physicians, 220 nurse practitioners and physician assistants and nearly 100 locations in our network. Utilizing innovative clinical research, cutting-edge technologies, and advanced treatments, we are committed to providing world-class cancer care. We are recognized by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) with a national Clinical Trials Participation Award, FCS offers patients access to more clinical trials than any private oncology practice in Florida. Our patients have access to ground-breaking therapies, in a community setting, and may participate in national clinical research studies of drugs and treatment protocols. In the past five years, the majority of new cancer drugs approved for use in the U.S. were studied in clinical trials with FCS participation prior to approval.
Through our partnership with Sarah Cannon, we are one of the largest clinical research organizations in the United States. Often, FCS leads the nation in initiating research studies and offering ground-breaking new therapies to patients.
Come join us today!
Job Description Summary:
* Assist, support, and provide direction to patients via incoming and outbound calls.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of all facets of role, relevant regulations, and organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
* Performs all duties in accordance with regulatory requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Valid state Driver's License for travel to satellite offices and offsite meetings.
* Compliance with the company Driver Safety Operations and Motor Vehicle Records Check Policy is required.
* Previous Experience:
* Six (6) months of medical experience preferred.
* One (1) year of customer service and accounts receivable experience.
* Core Capabilities:
* Analysis & Critical Thinking: Critical thinking skills including solid problem solving, analysis, decision-making, planning, time management and organizational skills.
* Must be detailed oriented with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Interpersonal Effectiveness: Developed interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, diplomacy, tact, conflict management, delegation skills, and diversity awareness.
* Ability to work effectively with sensitive and confidential material and sometimes emotionally charged matters.
* Communication Skills: Good command of the English language.
* Second language is an asset but not required. Effective communication skills (oral, written, presentation), is an active listener, and effectively provides balanced feedback.
* Customer Service & Organizational Awareness: Strong customer focus.
* Ability to build an engaging culture of quality, performance effectiveness and operational excellence through best practices, strong business and political acumen, collaboration and partnerships, as well as a positive employee, physician and community relations.
* Self-Management: Effectively manages own time, conflicting priorities, self, stress, and professional development.
* Self-motivated and self-starter with ability work independently with limited supervision.
* Ability to work remotely effectively as required.
* Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-site environment with demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities and demands from a variety of stakeholders and sites.
* Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required.
* Travel: 0% 75%
* Standard Core Workdays/Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
* Must be willing to work evening hours and will be expected to work overtime when given sufficient notice of required overtime.
* Essential Physical Requirements: Refer to last page of job description for job specific physical and mental requirements.
To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at FCS based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities. FCS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless making the reasonable accommodation would result in an undue hardship to FCS. Our Equal Employment Opportunity policy covers all employment practices, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. If you have a question about any type of discrimination at work, contact the Manager of Human Resources or the VP of Human Resources. You will not be punished for asking questions about this. Also, if we find out that anyone was illegally discriminating, that person will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SCREENINGS - Background, drug, and nicotine screens
Safeguarding our patients and each other is an important part of how we deliver the best care possible to the communities we serve. All offers of employment at Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background screening. Additionally, as a condition of employment, FCS requires all new hires to receive various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, barring an approved exemption. In addition, FCS is a drug-free workplace, and all new hires will be subject to drug/ nicotine testing.
- Accounts Receivable
- Active Listening
- Attention To Detail
- Conflict Management