LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ([ Link removed ]) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
We are seeking a Process Safety Engineer to develop, maintain and drive process safety and compliance initiatives for Pipeline Operations. This position actively provides Process Safety & Operational Excellence (OE) leadership to the Equistar Pipeline organization. This position is located in Houston, TX metropolitan area, Clear Lake. Roles & Responsibilities
* Serves as owner of multiple process safety and OE programs (PHA, MOC/PCA, PSSR, PSI, Facility/Building Siting, Management System Effectiveness, LFE and TKM).Qualifications
* Mentors and supports personnel at all levels of the organization to ensure safe and compliant operations and understanding of Process Safety requirements.
* Owns site PHA reports and maintains evergreen Addendums. Assess process risk associated with proposed process changes. Facilitates and documents project PHAs.
* Maintains site Facility Siting & QRA Studies; supports PCAs involving Facility Siting issues and conducts regular building audits
* Ensures integrity of the Pipeline's Management of Change (MOC/PCA) and Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) processes. Audits procedures and practices to ensure compliance, implements program enhancements to improve effectiveness.
* Track and trend Process Safety metrics and indicators; present results and recommendations to the Pipeline Leadership Team
* Own EPO's Self-Assessment process
* Identifies opportunities to reduce process safety risk; support scope development and execution of capital and expense projects as requested by other engineers.
* Utilizes site-level, Learning from Experience, Technology and Knowledge Management, and industry information to drive continuous improvement and reduce risk.
* Participates in Process Safety Network teams and provides process safety training to employees.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical
- Minimum of 4 years process safety experience in the petrochemical or pipeline industries
- Working knowledge of PSM regulations; experience developing and managing process safety and compliance programs required
- Candidate must be self-motivated with proven ability to achieve results
- Thorough knowledge of process safety methods and systems
- Process engineering background
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple iniatives and programs
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and the application of resources
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Continuous Improvement Process