The Maintenance Mechanic provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has wide ranging responsibilities, including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system, and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, lighting systems and controls, and other facility subsystems and support tools.
This position may require the employee to be on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Comply with all safety procedures.
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- General Interior Maintenance: hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems, etc.
- Special Tasks: painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, etc., and general maintenance.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts.
- Assist operations team in maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Move office furniture, machinery, equipment, and other materials, as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts; report on as-found conditions.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards; propose methods to eliminate them.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of an applicable technical training program, desirable.
- Minimum of one year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, and basic plumbing and electrical.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills in English – both oral and written.
- Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidate will be provided with tools required to perform assigned work scope.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.