To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
700 Chestnut Ridge Road
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Teledyne Technologies • Chestnut Ridge, NY
Posted 11 days ago
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading provider of oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers and related test and measurement solutions that enable companies across a wide range of industries to design and test electronic devices of all types. Headquartered in Chestnut Ridge, New York, Teledyne LeCroy has sales, service and development subsidiaries in the US and throughout Europe and Asia.Position Summary and Responsibilities
This Corporate Controller will oversee all finance activities for Teledyne LeCroy’s Test and Measurement Group. Primary activities include providing financial analysis and counsel to multiple vice presidents and general managers regarding business results and actual performance against plans and forecasts in a multi-facility/multi-division global environment.
- This individual will have overall responsibility for preparing financial statements, reports and analysis for our business. This individual will prepare and maintain a complete set of financial statements which includes a balance sheet and related financial reporting information including a profit and loss statement, summary of cash flows and supplemental financial information.
- Additionally, this individual will be responsible for preparing the annual business plans, monthly forecasts and capital budgeting, as well as oversee the financial statements prepared for other affiliates within Teledyne’s T&M Group.
- Works closely with assigned vice presidents and general managers in the areas of financial and business reporting to include: proactive analysis of business trends, forecasting and budgeting, government proposals and reporting requirements and working capital management. Partner with VPs and General Managers in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall corporate strategy with emphasis on top and bottom line performance and maximizing working capital and cash flows.
- Prepare quarterly finance and business updates alongside Teledyne LeCroy Management; participates in the quarterly OPS Review with Teledyne’s executive management.
- Identify, analyze, and implement initiatives in support of 80/20 metrics and goals.
- Actively participate in the ERP/IT system implementation project. T&M is consolidating several IT systems into one IT system. Additionally, drive the change management of the business processes to support this initiative.
- Establish, maintain and document strong internal control processes meeting Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance requirements. Ensure internal controls are functioning effectively across the group. Communicate with internal and external auditors as required.
- Develop and train financial staff to ensure accounting records and financial reporting is prompt, accurate and meets business requirements. Motivate and lead a high performance Finance Team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the management and finance team; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to their management career development program. Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- Establish and maintain a set of key financial performance indicators for prompt decision-making.
- Act as a liaison to appropriate corporate executives regarding the understanding our goals and objectives.
- Manage strategic/business planning process and effectively oversee the multi-location/multi-currency accounting and treasury Finance Teams. Ensure proper global consolidation and accounting supports key management initiatives.
- Manage information gathering process for federal, state, local and international tax compliance obligations.
- Accounting/Finance degree required
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, forecasting and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Solid supervisory skills
- Participation in ERP system implementation/upgrade
- Public accounting, internal audit experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 15 years experience in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years in a managerial role
- Contracts & negotiation experience.
- Some international trade experience.
- Experience in merger and acquisition and integration environment a plus.
- CPA with Big 4 experience highly desirable
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills. Capable of developing and sustaining effective peer and corporate relationships.
- Good technical/systems and process thinking skills. Able to develop and continually improve the financial management systems.
- Ability to manage across a multi-facility environment.
- Highly computer literate; excellent Excel.
- Broad business perspective with strong learning record and potential for advancement.
- Hands-on personality with the ability and proven track record for problem solving.