Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
Pazien, a wholly owned subsidiary of Worldpay, is seeking a Platform Software Engineer to join our team. We are building a payments reporting and analytics platform focused on simplification and data transparency. Our office environment is highly collaborative; we work together as a team to understand customer needs and to deliver an outstanding product.
Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of your contributions, you also understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, etc.) and how they impact the overall product.
Team Focus. Your teammates enjoy working with you and you believe that you can achieve more on a great team. You are skilled at giving and receiving feedback.
Impact. You take pride in making an impact on the organization. You look at problems from the perspective of the business goals and adapt your solutions to maximize impact.
Iterative approach. You believe in delivering frequently and constantly improving. You are not afraid to try an approach to learn quickly. You iterate rapidly and are strategic about your approach.
Deep technically. You know how to build scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our current requirements. You stay up-to-date with architectural trends yet are pragmatic about making changes. You know how to back decisions up with data and have experience making trade-offs.
Passion. You demonstrate ownership and you ship features. You pride yourself on code clarity, test coverage, deploying cleanly, and following up to ensure it's all running smoothly.
About the role
The Pazien engineering team is seeking a Platform engineer who can build out our product platform using cutting edge technologies. The platform encompasses all data acquisition, data pipeline, and all API's. You'll be joining a small team working on expanding a new reporting and analytics product to drastically simplify the payments ecosystem for ecommerce merchants.
- 2+ years of professional development experience (we are hiring at multiple levels)
- Expert knowledge of at least one programming language (we use Python 3)
- Experience with at least one database, sql or nosql
- Experience writing both functional and unit tests, experience with mocking a big plus
- Experience writing scalable backend services that have run in a production setting
- Experience reviewing and critiquing code of others
- Proficiency in a Unix environment (We run on Ubuntu in AWS)
- Ability to grasp business goals and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Thrive in a small team environment; you must be self-motivated
- A passion for technology, building, and software development methodologies
Nice to Haves:
- Experience handling large quantities of data
- Experience with nosql (We use MongoDB)
- Experience building applications in Python
- Familiarity with test-driven development and continuous integration (Grunt/Git/Jenkins)
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.