At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides analytical support and consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data for budget and actual costs of projects.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads and performs engineering assignments associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features require extensive company experience that may include leading employees or contractors in the commissioning of electrical systems and equipment to be placed On System.
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have significant financial and operational impact.
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility that may include the delivery of classroom instruction/training and/or OJT/OJE.
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams.
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- Provides technical assistance in support of others.
- Influence decisions that have a significant impact on the company.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
EQUIVALENT RELEVANT EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Clearly demonstrated team leadership abilities on critical projects.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field AND 8 or more years of field experience in engineering, construction or applicable utility experience
- Non-degreed or non-technical degree – equivalent relevant education AND 8 or more years relevant utility experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]
- Distribution (Business)
- Test Equipment