Alion Science & Technology has an immediate need for a Capture Manager (CM) professional in support of the Air Integration Directorate located in California, Maryland. The Air Integration Directorate reports direct to the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Group. The ISR Group provides research and development, systems engineering and integration, and sustainment engineering services to U.S. Navy, Army, Air Force, and other Intelligence customers. The CM professional will assist in account strategy development and be responsible for understanding customer needs, identifying and building critical relationships, and prospecting for new and unpublished opportunities. In addition, this position will identify opportunities to expand our presence within our customer communities including NAVAIR, Naval Air Warfare Centers, and other DoD agencies. The CM professional’s primary focus will be on developing business opportunities that can be executed on a variety of contract vehicles to include GSA, GSA OASIS, as well as Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) contracts. This position works closely with technical SMEs, solutions architects, program managers and account managers to develop and deliver an actionable account strategy informed by critical relationships and client perception.
Within ISR, Capture professionals represent all Alion capabilities and strengths to our customers, suppliers and teaming partners, making strategic assessments on capabilities and leading opportunity capture and proposals. Alion Capture professionals represent the voice of the customer to Alion account managers and participate in the entire capture process, from identification and qualification to proposal submittal.
This position reports directly to the ISR Vice President of Business Development and Strategy.
Manages the maturation of opportunities, customer engagement, and solution vetting across a broad range of DoD and non-DoD customer sets. Able to work collaboratively and lead both small and large groups to produce winning captures. Directs research and analysis, and the development of marketing programs with the focus on pushing tasks to Alion's existing GSA and DTIC contract vehicles. Establishes customer contacts and develops proposals and marketing presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with staff responsible for analyzing the market and market opportunities and recommends opportunities for pursuit. Researches public domain materials to develop leads, contacts, and capture plans.
- Develops relationships with client executives and markets the company’s capabilities.
- Participates in industry groups and conferences to represent and promote the company’s capabilities.
- Works with Alion's Program Management Office that helps to administer the GSA, OASIS and DTIC Contracts.
- Develops proposals, solutions, white papers, business plans, strategic plans, briefings, and marketing materials.
- Identification of the most advantageous method to building key relationships
- Teaming partner identification and selection
- Win theme and Win Strategy development
- Prepares new business proposals, and responses to requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs).
- Manages weekly reporting and analysis of the business development pipeline, including development of company business development presentations as required.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with similar and/or complementary companies to include teaming and partnership discussions.
- Participates in Industry Day Meetings, Customer specific conferences, trade shows, and professional associations (AOC, AFCEA, NDIA, AUSA, etc.) meetings/briefings.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies in order to successfully meet client requirements.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures, including quality assurance and security procedures in the performance of duties.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Demonstrated ability and reputation
Government BD and Capture in any of the following areas
- System integration
- Technology services
- Technology / program / Acquisition support
- Hardware / software development
- Full and open
- Prime / sub
- Small business set aside
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong business acumen and peer relationships to combine multiple functional areas to effectively pursue large contracts.
- Strong research and analysis skills supported by knowledge of the company's products and services, as well as the needs of current and potential customers, to organize pursuit of key business development targets.
- Strong decision making, customer focus and negotiation skills to identify and establish teaming arrangements needed to meet RFP requirements.
- Strong communicator (oral and written): i.e. ability to frame and articulate key messages in executive language plus contribute to written and oral proposals.
- Ability to articulate a proposal strategy and serve as a member of the capture and/or proposal team and extensive experience in the development of high impact proposal executive summaries.
- Government relationship building skills and command of the client; ability to represent Alion to target clients; and develop new and profitable relationships
- Sales process and sales skills with demonstrated ability to close
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and in small and large groups
- US Citizenship required with current or ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance is required.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Limited
- Systems Integration
- Proposal (Business)
- Software Development
- Business Acumen
- Request For Proposal