To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austell, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager - ASSA ABLOY Austell, GA.
ASSA ABLOY Americas • Austell, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Experience - 4 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our ASSA ABLOY Southeast Service Center is made up of a customer service department, welding operations and logistics team. Safety and employee relations is just as important as customer interaction and satisfaction. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a hands-on approach to lead an organization as if it was their very own, from making hiring decisions to developing new customers. What you will be doing As the Service Center Operations Manager you will be leading a small group of employees who are responsible for manufacturing, customer service and distribution by: 1) Deploying effective operations strategies and ensuring organizational alignment 2) Employing entrepreneurial strategies in strengthening and expanding customer base 3) Providing strong leadership with an emphasis on employee involvement and development in a culture that values dignity and respect. What we are looking for The right individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, focused on safety, quality, delivery and customer satisfaction are an exceptional fit for this role. Knowledge of metal hollow doors is highly preferred. Those with an appetite for continuous improvement hinged on Lean methodologies is a plus. Most importantly, someone who has the demonstrated skills and abilities to positively lead our tight-knit family of employees at this location will be highly considered. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of four (4) or more years of operational leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Experience in metal forming or related field
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, customer service, freight and distribution, capacity and manpower planning, inventory management and replenishment, and production scheduling
- General understanding of the construction industry, preferably the commercial construction industry
- Leadership ability, excellent interpersonal skills, and the proven ability to develop relationships and influence all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to comply and enforce compliance of all state and federal regulations, Company standards, and the ASSA ABLOY Code of Conduct
- Plan and coordinate work, train and motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of personnel, ensuring their ability to safely perform the functions of their responsibilities. Interview and recommend applicants for hire, counsel and discipline as necessary
- Lead others in developing lean initiatives and improving procedures and processes. Implement change management proposals.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, inventory management, complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost, and Company employment policies and guidelines including the Code of Conduct.
- Identify and proactively raise organizational issues and trends; recommend alternatives for improved effectiveness.
- Establish and monitor operational performance.
- Plan and effectively execute operational strategy to meet or exceed budgetary expectations.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Support the Company’s Strategy to Action initiatives.
- Develop organizational capabilities and create a collaborative high performance work environment.
- Exercise sound judgment in interfacing with customers and staff.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Continually promotes a safe and harmonious working environment, demonstrating strict adherence to the ASSA ABLOY Code of Conduct
Job ID: 209762
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.