8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Senior Corporate Counsel, Compensation and Benefits
Richmond, VA – Home Office
About this job
Primary legal advisor to the CarMax Benefits Team on all aspects of employee benefits law, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and other federal and state laws governing qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, fringe benefits, cafeteria plans and health and welfare plans. Advise the Company’s fiduciary committees that oversee the Company’s benefits offerings.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to the CarMax Benefits Team and benefits fiduciary committees on federal and state laws governing the following:
- Qualified retirement plans, including the CarMax, Inc. Retirement Savings Plan and the CarMax, Inc. Pension Plan.
- Non-qualified retirement plans, including the CarMax, Inc. Retirement Restoration Plan, the CarMax, Inc. Benefit Restoration Plan and the CarMax, Inc. Executive Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Health and welfare plans, cafeteria plans, and wellness programs, including the CarMax, Inc. Master Welfare Plan and all of its component programs.
- Fringe and other benefits, including short-term disability benefits, tuition assistance and adoption assistance.
- Benefits-related transactional work.
Purpose of the role
In this role, you will be the primary legal advisor regarding all benefits related matters.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Law degree.
- Member in good standing with the bar of a U.S. jurisdiction.
- Minimum 6 years legal experience.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone Phone number blocked - click to apply ext. 3888 or email Email blocked - click to apply.
Employee Retirement Income Security Act