EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Entry Level Systems/Networking Engineer. Follow [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Entry Level Systems/Networking Engineer on Twitter.
Hughes has exciting opportunities for Entry Level Network/Systems Engineers for positions located in our Germantown, MD location.
- Implementation of system improvements for HughesNet networks.
- Generate/provide status reports, provide network anomaly analysis, work engineering testing/changes/upgrades, and security vulnerabilities.
- Implement Linux servers, VMWare hosts, NetApp, NTP servers develop and implement new networking technologies.
- Provide on-call support for Consumer networks.
- Support and troubleshooting and support of the HughesNet NOC.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or similar field
- Design, install and deploy various Enterprise Networks, accompanied by Switches/Routers/Firewall/Cloud configurations over various Platforms
- Troubleshoot real-time network issues, Optimize design and incorporate engineering developments to Enhance Customer experience
- Simulate, Implement and monitor complex network challenges to keep our Networks running smoothly.
- Responsible for Network Automation and scalability of Huge networks.
- Generate/provide status reports, network anomaly analysis, work through engineering testing/changes/upgrades, and security vulnerabilities.
- Provide on-call and Infrastructure Maintenance support for Enterprise networks
- Knowledge of Cisco, Fortinet and/or other Routing/Firewall platforms
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Computer Engineering
- Customer Experience
- Firewalls (Computer Science)
- Infrastructure Management