Amscot Financial, one of the leading financial services company in the state of Florida, is looking for a Senior Accounting, who is also a CPA, to join our Accounting Department. Amscot has over 230 branches throughout the state and has been voted one of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position, but are not limited to:
● Conducts monthly variance analysis
● Records/Posts journal entries where necessary and appropriate
● Performs routine monthly close procedures assigned by manager
● Presents monthly account reconciliations to management
● Review of other team members daily/monthly work papers
● Assures proper documentation of monthly data and analysis
● Performs additional duties as assigned
● Identify risks & escalate issues noted to management in a timely manner
● Identifies opportunities for process improvements
● Conduct accounting research and analysis in accordance with US GAAP to provide accounting guidance to management.
● Assist with monitoring and updating the Company's accounting policy as new accounting pronouncements are released/amended
● Maintaining fixed assets
Amscot is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Drug-Free and Smoke-Free workplace; background check required.
● Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
● CPA a must
● 3 to 5 years previous work experience
Skills and Qualifications:
● Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
● Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
● Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
● Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
● Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
● Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
● Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
● Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
● Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
● Professional, office environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled