Weichert Financial Services is hiring a Destination Manager in Houston, TX. The Destination Manager is responsible for representing the Company and originating residential mortgage loans for Weichert Workforce Mobility client transferees. The position develops and maintains existing customer relationships, as well as identifies new customer opportunities from various channels with the purpose of recommending a mortgage product for which the customer qualifies. The position also issues mortgage pre-approvals, stays in contact with customers during the home search or refinance process, and works closely with customers until they close their loan. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Advises the customer of the inherent risks and benefits of loan alternatives in order to recommend the most suitable product.
* Performs all steps and functions necessary to acquire, research/analyze, and approve mortgage packages to include property appraisals, credit reports, background checks, etc.
* Submits complete and accurate mortgage loan packages that provide all of the information needed to make an underwriting decision.
* Stays up-to-date on changes in market conditions that affect the Company's loan products.
* Fields customer complaints and provides problem resolution.
* Updates customer status on a regular basis.
* Meets and maintains all mortgage loan origination licensing requirements including continuing education requirements.
* Promotes team atmosphere with representatives from other Weichert Family of Company partners. Stays up-to-date on availability of all products and provides customers with contact information of the appropriate Weichert product representative.
* Ensures full compliance with all applicable federal and state law and regulations, all Company policies and procedures, and all applicable investor guidelines.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The Ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* High school diploma or GED required
* Individual state loan originator license necessary for specific states in which employee engages in any mortgage loan origination activity required
* Three (3) to four (4) years of mortgage loan origination experience preferred
* Ability to determine appropriate interest rate quote to customer and to determine maximum qualification amounts based on investor guidelines
* Ability to apply investor guidelines to specific sales situations and use discretion and judgment to recommend the most appropriate products to customers based on qualifications and needs identified by customer analysis
* Ability to set goals and divide processes into timelines
* Good problem solving skills are essential
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and ability to quickly gain proficiency in the Company's proprietary mortgage software products
* Good oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to conduct presentations and hold one-on-one meetings
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong customer service skills
* Good math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
* Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.) Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled