You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Project Engineer - Columbus
Granger Construction is a leader in the construction industry and strives to Advance the Art of Building. By employing the most innovative people, technologies and techniques, we deliver projects that exceed owner expectations in regards to all facets of exceptional customer service.
We are seeking experienced Project Engineer candidates for work at project sites located in the Columbus area. As a member of the project leadership team, the Project Engineer will have ownership of key tasks associated with project planning, project management and close-out for one or more assigned projects. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make an impact and advance their career with a great company.
- Attends pre-bid meetings, contact subcontractors, and prepare scope of work documents in support of the company's project estimating efforts.
- Manages project cost; regularly reviews and updates project and labor costs, processes change orders in a timely fashion, makes suggestions on improving overall productivity and cost savings.
- Helps maintain the projects schedule and supports expediting of materials. Updates the expediting log and monitors the presence of subcontractors and materials at the site in order to ensure the project proceeds according to schedule.
- Maintains an active presence on the job site and inspects work for compliance with plans and specifications for the purpose of achieving the highest level of quality at project close.
- Champions safe work conditions and reports issues or concerns; follows through to ensure corrections have been made for the purpose of ensuring an accident-free environment.
- Assists with punch list, project close-out and commissioning; develops close-out plan and ensures all documentation and information is captured, updated, and delivered to the owner upon occupancy.
- Collects meeting minutes, documents and processes RFI's, and maintains open communication with owners, subcontractors, and project accountants for the purpose of maintaining the project schedule and ensuring efficient flow of cash.
- Goes above and beyond in all interactions with customers, seeking to delight them and position the company for repeated business.
- Knowledge commensurate with what will be gained by completing a bachelors degree in building construction management, civil engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Minimum of one or more years or project management-related experience in the construction or engineering industry.
- Experience with BIM coordination is a plus, but not required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to easily read and understand blueprints and specifications
- Assertive, highly motivated, organized and a self starting individual
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks, follow-through and meet deadlines
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
Granger Construction Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), wellness benefits, professional development and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Granger Construction Company maintains a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g5lllyg
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.