To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA
- TMC Transportation
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
TMC Transportation • Des Moines, IA
Posted 2 months ago
TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a Detention Specialist working out of our office in Des Moines, Iowa.
The primary function of a Detention Specialist is to provide communication with drivers, customers, and other employees to maintain and upkeep the movement of freight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with drivers by telephone and satellite messaging to determine if there is a loading/unloading issue
- Fulfill all customer requirements related to detention
- Assist with departmental tasks as assigned
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate with personnel involved with loads and drivers (fleet manager, CSR, CSA, etc)
- High School diploma required, related experience or college a plus
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess a courteous yet assertive telephone personality
- Ability to plan, organize, be attentive to detail, and possess a strong problem-solving skill
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products efficiently (Word, Excel, Outlook)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to sit and use a telephone and computer simultaneously for extended periods of time
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high volume telephone environment