Conduct highly technical research and analysis projects to provide senior management with definitive financial data and advice for their use in setting and realizing strategic objectives. Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibility:
- Mentors junior team members
- Conduct independent research and analytical projects involving financial modeling/forecasting to provide senior management with definitive financial trend data and advice for their use in setting and realizing strategic objectives. Assist with the design of projects and may lead projects of moderate scope.
- Ensure success through shared responsibility of team workload to achieve department/project objectives (volume, quality, timeliness of end results)
- Perform detailed, interpretative financial analysis utilizing complex financial tools to demonstrate scenarios/activities. Build and maintain forecasting models/tools; work in collaboration with business groups to provide insightful analysis. Play a role in cross functional efforts, teams, leveraging resources and relationships across the Bank to further team of project goals.
- Create & maintain documentation of assigned tasks/processes.
- Evaluates situations using multiple sources of information and suggests insightful conclusions.
- Display advanced proficiency in the systems/tools used to generate standard financial reports on a periodic basis.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of finance and accounting concepts through the aggregation of financial data.
- Display an advanced understanding of M&T's (or applicable Business Unit within) financial statements; including awareness of key drivers/trends in major Balance Sheet and Income Statement line items.
- Participate in training and development opportunities across Finance and the Bank.
- Understand, adhere, and contribute to improvement / timeliness of deliverables and process efficiency.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
May train junior staffEducation and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' experience OR Associate's degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting auditing, operations or financial institutions
Comprehensive understanding of finance and accounting concepts + knowledge of banking industry
Strong technical aptitude and advanced financial modeling skillsEducation and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field. Financial Services Industry experience