Job description: Basic Function
Accountable for independently leading or performing HR processes under general supervision. Partners with the HR Manager, peers, and leadership to fully resolve conflicts between existing HR processes and business demands. Progression to this level is dependent upon the needs of the business. Job Duties
- Reliably performs independent Human Resources studies, analyses, and interpretations to draw sound conclusions and recommendations supporting HR and business efforts
- Carries out the Company's policies and procedures, understands and follows state and federal laws pertaining to Human Resources and creates all needed reports, spreadsheets and letters
- Designs and develops new and improved Human Resources methods and procedures through partnership with the business, HR Operations, and Centers of Excellence (COE)
- Provides support of employee and labor relations issues under close guidance of more experienced staff in a union or nonunion environment (I.e. employee dispute resolution, grievance administration and Union Committee action items)
- Conducts thorough investigations of employment matters including recommended follow up under guidance of more experienced HR staff
- Maintains, administers and coordinates HR programs and is recognized by peers and managers as having an advanced knowledge and ability
- Leads high visibility community and employee relations events/projects with general guidance
- Coaches and mentors managers on the proper ways to navigate employment issues
- Credibly and constructively challenges and lead the business and internal HR processes
- Will be responsible for administrating and coordinating HR policies and procedures as needed by the business
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion Experience
A minimum of five years of related HR experience is required. Education Level
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a Technical field related discipline is required or related work experience in lieu of the degree (four years of related work experience) is required. Required Skills
- Deals constructively with problems that do not have defined solutions
- Maintains a calm and productive influence in times of uncertainty
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same
- Builds strong formal and informal relationships within HFC
- Leverages relationships to develop solutions within HR and the business
- Admits mistakes and gains insights from experiences
- Reflects on how their personal style impacts others
- Follows through on commitments
- Builds trust through a direct and truthful approach
- Advanced knowledge of general Human Resources principles and ability to apply this knowledge as it pertains to the company
- Advanced skill level in Excel, Word, Outlook, and HRIS applications.
- Ability to handle confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI) and all applicable compliance issues in relation to relevant HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to read and appropriately interpret information from multiple sources.
Professional certifications such as SHRM, SCP, SPHR, GPHR, CCP, GRP, CEBS or other similar external certifications. Supervisory/Managerial Responsibility
Will lead projects or teams as dictated by business needs. May supervise HR Generalist activities. Work Conditions
Office based with occasional refinery visits from time to time and with up to 10% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, and out-of-doors environment (depending upon assignment). Subject to all weather and varying road conditions. Physical Requirements
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movement, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 20lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 10lbs, and ability to wear personal protective equipment. Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger. About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation ("HF Sinclair"), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries. Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
- Business Requirements
- Global Professional In Human Resources
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Labor Relations