The Risk Manager is responsible for the overall management of the claims and insurance program
for Lennar nationwide. The Risk Manager will identify and assess potential risks and support the management of those risks consistent with the company's overall risk strategy. The Risk Manager will work with all levels of management and multiple business units within the company.
- Placing project specific insurance programs for home and apartment building activities, including land development, vertical construction, and habitational risk (as to multi-family divisions).
- Assistance with building master insurance programs for multi-family risk transfer.
- Assistance with building master insurance program for commercial construction risk transfer.
- Assessing the need for and placing environmental policies on all types of construction.
- Tracking individual insurance programs for renewals.
- Review and analysis of operating agreements to ensure compliance with insurance requirements and to assess alternative insurance options.
- Gathering, tracking, and coordinating underwriting information from business teams for policy placements.
- Tracking deal closings to assess, place and follow up on insurance needs.
- Limited claims handling assistance, including reviewing and analyzing insurer loss runs, would be an additional benefit, but is not required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least 5 years experience as a risk manager, preferably in the homebuilding or construction industry, placing insurance programs, including property, builder’s risk, general liability, environmental, etc.
- ARM or CRIS professional designation preferred, but not required.
- Contract review experience.
- Experience with apartments / multi-family dwelling risk transfer.
- Experience with commercial construction risk transfer.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree.
- Familiarity with Ebix or a similar insurance compliance tracking system.
- Ability to work independently, key organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines required.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Risk Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This is a position which requires the Risk Manager frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
These qualifications address additional attributes that will enhance the Associate's ability to perform a particular function, but that are not required.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Attention To Detail