To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Broomfield, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
TSYS • Broomfield, CO
Posted 3 days ago
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Performs a variety of financial activities, including accounting, financial analysis, audit, tax, asset administration, general ledger, credit and collections, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other accounting regulations. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and providing financial information, plans, and projections. Performs analysis of financial studies and prepares summary reports for management. Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
Job Specific Responsibilities
Monthly Accounting close, Journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, audit support, special projects
Job Specific Skills
Experience with month end close and financial systems. Must have an Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
What Part Will You Play?
- Performs basic to moderately complex tasks to complete financial/accounting projects, such as budget planning/analysis, financial plans, revenue forecasting, statistical reporting. Resolves basic to moderately complex issues pertaining to financials within established guidelines. Assists more experienced peers with the preparation of ad-hoc studies, reports and analysis. Participates, as an observer, in meetings with departments/organizations internal and external to the company to resolve financial data and/or process issues, develop/implement new methodologies, procedures and budgetary controls.
- Prepares monthly income statement and balance sheet variances, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and maintain accounting records. Assists with the development of monthly, quarterly and yearend reporting. May participate, as an observer, in presentations to internal/external senior leadership. May assist with follow-up work/analysis resulting from reporting presentations by gathering and compiling necessary data.
- Assists in the preparation of routine and occasionally non-routine responses, in accordance with audit standards, to basic, occasionally moderately complex, requests from auditors during internal/external audits and immediately escalates process issues and/or potential process issues impacting any aspect of the audit work to the appropriate peer and/or management.
- Develops and demonstrates a basic knowledge and company specific financial acumen by leveraging the experience of more senior peers and researching external publications/whitepapers, regulations, and proposed regulation changes.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Required
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Accounting, Finance or related degree or qualifying certification (CPA, CMA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA Certification)
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Related professional accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Hyperion Financial Management, and Hyperion Planning a plus
- CPA/CMA candidate or other relevant certification preferred
- Masters preferred
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Microsoft Office - Proven experience in the use of systems and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.