The Cost Accountant position will be part of the cost accounting function within the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) of the client. The objective of the LSG Cost Accounting function is to ensure proper accounting of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold, setting the standard cost value of our products on the actual total cost of manufacturing and to partner with Manufacturing and Finance teams to analyze and realize productivity savings.
What will you do?
The Sr. Cost Accountant will be responsible for:
• Execute the periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial close process pertaining to inventory and cost of goods sold
• Calculate the excess and obsolete reserves in line with corporate policy
• Maintain standard cost of goods and support the global annual cost roll process for the assigned manufacturing or distribution site, including impact to the standard margin and inventory revaluation
•Create strong collaboration with Finance and Operations business partners to identify and realize productivity savings opportunities
•Analyze manufacturing variances and drive corrective actions in collaboration with operations finance business partners
•Interface with company employees in related functions and demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers.
•Drive process improvements in cost accounting processes and data flows
•Support technical accounting issues related to the month end and quarter end financial close and understand the accounting impact of proposed transactions regarding different functions and ensure US GAAP principles and rules are properly adhered to.
• Execute key inventory and cost of goods sold process controls and ensure documentation of those controls meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
How will you get here?
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or the equivalent education and experience
• You have 5 to 10 years of progressive (cost) accounting or operational finance experience
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have strong experience working in ERP systems. Prior experience with Enterprise One (E1) and/or SAP is desired
• You have demonstrated hands on experience with researching and resolving technical accounting questions and issues
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You thrive in a complex, multi-level environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
• You are a self-motivated, independent asset in the organization who has enthusiasm and energy for the job
• You have the ability to take on ad hoc projects and complete them timely and accurately
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Cost Of Goods Sold (Inventory)
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles