Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
The Application Support DataBase Administrator (DBA) will provide database support to The Nature’s Bounty Co.'s mission critical E-Commerce applications. The DBA will co-develop database and data feed solutions, participate in the build and deployment cycle and contribute in all phases of development projects while providing support to existing clients.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and enhance database code to support web-based, mission-critical, high-volume, high-performance E-commerce applications
- Work with senior members of the database development team to develop solutions that meet business goals
- Develop and administer feeds (SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages) to ensure flow of data and media to and from business partners
- Core database functions, SSIS packages and assisting application teams with end-to-end data flow and connectivity through web services
- Develops, imports to and extracts from existing SQL databases
- Use various source and targets to build data feed flows – XML, Flat File, Services, Functions etc.
- Database programming and relational design concepts in support of interactive and batch systems
- Participate in design and code reviews of solutions
- Diagnose and define database performance issues with web-based applications
- Troubleshoot the issue to determine appropriate course of action, escalate issue, if warranted
- Respond to ad hoc requests for support and analysis
- Debug and analyze existing code with minimal documentation available, by analyzing database structures, querying, running Profile Traces, and reviewing SQL logs when needed
- Performs analysis and makes development recommendations to improve application performance
- 3+ years of Microsoft SQL Server Development and Administration experience. SQL Server 2008 and later
- 3+ years of supporting a highly transactional e-commerce environment
- Strong experience with SSIS, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL), Extract, Load, Transform (ELT), Transact Structured Query Language (TSQL) and Stored Procedures
- Exceptional knowledge of various tools to troubleshoot issues. SQL Server Profiler, Index Tuning, query executing plans, optimization, statistics etc.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and lead difficult and complex work assignments
- An undergraduate degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Any Microsoft database certifications a plus
Sql Server Integration Services
Sql (Programming Language)