To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD 20892
- Rosemary Sisco
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PT PhD Scientific Grant Reviewer - Biomedical and Behavioral Science - NIH
Kelly Government Solutions • Bethesda, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PhD Grant Reviewer - Biomedical and Behavioral Science Experience - NIH - Bethesda, MD
part time, 20 hrs/week
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a PhD for Grant Reviewer with BIOMEDICAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE EXPERIENCE to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Bethesda is near Washington, DC.
This is a long term, part time contract position which offers:
• Salary, 401K, and holiday pay
• Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
• Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
1. Work with staff to identify and coordinate the participation of reviewers for each application received by NCCIH.
2. Identify and select reviewers by matching the expertise of the reviewers with the specific science contained in the research grant applications.
3. Assess reviewers against applications for potential conflicts of interest.
4. Refer applications to identified reviewers.
5. Serve as liaison between federal staff and reviewers.
6. Collaborate with staff on the entry on reviewer data into the Committee Management system in order to prepare peer review rosters.
7. Analyze and assist in validating payment information submitted to the NIH Scientific Review Evaluation Activity (SREA) Management and Service Center.
8. Interact with and coordinate the review activities with appropriate NCCIH and/or CSR staff.
9. Clarify and communicate administrative and policy requirements associated with peer review.
10. Ensure that high quality written reviews are obtained.
11. Obtain written critiques.
12. Attend study section meetings and support the federal Scientific Review Officer by taking note of discussions.
13. Provide support to federal Scientific Review Officer with writing and editing of summary statements including the resume of discussion when needed.
14. Subsequent to the reviews, manage the coordination of critiques from expert reviewers; evaluate incoming reviews for completeness and accuracy.
15. Provide recommendations for follow-up by federal Scientific Review Officer.
16. Organize and plan face-to-face video conference and virtual review meetings.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
1. PhD in Biomedical, Behavioral, Social Sciences or a related discipline.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
3. Expertise in biomedical and behavioral sciences, particularly mind and body approaches, behavioral medicine, emotion regulation, prevention, resiliency, pain anxiety, depression, cognition, perception, attention, neuroscience, psychiatric genetics, psychoneuroimmunology, fMRI/neuroimaging, neural networks, learning and memory, executive function, health care delivery, health services, natural products (including pre- and pro-biotics), metabolism, pharmacology, endocrinology, motor function, rehabilitation, sleep, clinical and translational research.
4. Experience using Excel spreadsheets.
5. Ability to utilize scientific keywords and identify potential conflicts of interest.
6. Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
7. Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
8. Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.