Apex Systems, LLC is immediately seeking a Project Director in support of a growing Government Integrator in Woodlawn, MD. The selected candidate will lead the full lifecycle IT service to define, develop and test new systems. Responsible for the entire system development lifecycle and accountable for the delivery of the system solution. Selected candidate will be responsible for managing and executing the overall program to ensure that all customer requirements and business objectives are met, including: Planning, tracking and reporting and managing accurate budget and schedule; Coordination of staffing; Providing strategic planning and communication; Management of risks and opportunities; Primary interface with CMS and the company’s senior leadership; and program status reviews, team meetings and activities according to required business rhythms. Directs technical and non-technical staff, mentors resources, and collaborates across functional areas with all organizational levels. Responsible for developing and enforcing change management procedures, execution of Earned Value Management (EVM), and ensuring CMMI Level 4 compliance. Responsible for managing the development using the hybrid of /Agile/XLC/Product development frameworks and work with CMS within guidelines to deliver project management support to model teams
Location: Woodlawn, MD
Duration: Temp to Perm
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education
Clearance: Able to obtain & maintain a positions of Public Trust
- Directing software product maintenance and IT consulting teams to effectively carry out required tasks
- Clearly communicate program vision and oversee multiple, simultaneous task orders to ensure outstanding tactical and operational execution of services.
- Manage program financials in accordance with corporate goals.
- Establish program goals for quality, innovation resource management, etc., to drive efficiencies while demonstrating compliance with corporate management standards.
- Meet and engage with CMS client and other CMS stakeholders face-to-face, via telephone, and through email to establish relationships, understand requirements, and communicate accomplishments or issues.
- Ensure senior management is engaged and familiar with program direction.
- Establish strategic partnership strategy with subcontractors.
- Facilitate projects through their normal life-cycle, from initiation to closure, using sound project management disciplines, such as Agile.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and clear instructions to Project Managers responsible for the execution of task orders.
- Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all deliverables.
- Identify opportunities for organic and new growth in contract value.
- Add to and sustain the Risk and Opportunity Register. Manage program scope effectively.
- Participate on proposal development teams, either as writer, reviewer, or section lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree & 10+ years’ of relevant Program Management experience; in lieu of a degree 4 years of relevant experience may be substituted.
- Must have a PMP Certification
- Must have supported multiple large/enterprise level web application design/dev/modernization projects and/or contracts ranging in the $100M+ arena.
- Must have a direct background supporting either: CMS, Federal Health, or Enterprise Healthcare clients
- Experience transforming an organization from Waterfall to Agile
- Experience with projects/programs with 175+ employees, and tasking subcontract partners or teammates with deliverables, as well as ensuring deliverables of all parties are met.
- Direct experience working with an intimately collaborative/involved end client, requiring full transparency.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178