To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Digital Realty • San Francisco, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Digital Realty was the first public REIT focusing on data center properties and today we are the largest REIT in that space with portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. This position offers you the opportunity to make an impact on our organization as a valued member of a small global tax team. You will work on a variety of tax issues—primarily overseeing U.S. tax and REIT matters and compliance of our global operations. The ideal candidate is someone who possesses strong technical tax knowledge, positive attitude, enjoys challenges, opportunities for growth, in a highly productive team environment.
Reporting to Senior Vice President of Taxation, you will be based in San Francisco joining a global tax team that consists of Tax Director, Tax Manager and Administrative Assistant in US, VP Tax and Tax Manager in Europe and Tax Director in Asia Pac.
Your activities will include a mix of those listed below, although you'll typically invest the largest portion of your time in researching/analyzing US tax & REIT matters arisen from global real estate investment & operations and managing US tax and REIT compliance. In this role, you will interact with external REIT counsels, manage relationships with external US tax advisors/and preparer on outsourced US tax compliance and support Tax director and Tax manager in this function.
More specifically, you will:
- Review quarterly REIT compliance test, coordinate REIT DD request and monitoring REIT compliance to ensure that DLR maintains its REIT status
- Oversee all tax reporting matters in connection with quarterly earnings release including managing external auditor’s request and review quarterly global tax provisions to ensure adequate tax reserves have been established.
- Coordinate with global tax team and oversee the collection of information requested in processing US tax compliance to ensure timely and accurate US tax return filings and payments with all appropriate US tax agencies.
- Work closely with Accounting to understand financial statement reporting for separate legal entities, including regular review of accounting system and financial statement information to ensure integrity of the reports for all Digital Realty (DLR) tax entities.
- Work closely with SVP Tax and provide in-house tax advice to other departments with respect to: acquisitions or dispositions, capital market transactions, Joint Ventures, tax structuring, transfer pricing considerations of intercompany transactions, foreign currency transactions, etc.
- Coordinate with external tax preparer on calculation and payment of withholding taxes on quarterly distributions from DLR partnerships in compliance with regulatory state/composite withholding requirement.
- Coordinate and correspond with taxing authorities in U.S. regarding various notices to ensure accurate regulatory records of all DLR entities.
- Manage and maintain tax basis and depreciation schedules for taxable income projection and US tax compliance
- Work with SVP Tax on corporate tax budget
We are seeking an experienced Director of Tax. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 10 to 15 years of corporate tax experience, including public accounting.
- Solid experience with and working knowledge of partnership and corporate taxation with a focus on real estate companies.
- Real estate investment trust (REIT) experience.
- Working knowledge of FAS 109, FIN 48, FATCA and Fixed Asset System.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Solid organizational skills and great attention to details.
- The ability to achieve goals and work independently as well as to manage staff and contribute as a team player.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with tax structuring of outbound/inbound investment
- Experience with U.S. reporting of international operations.
- An active CPA.
- A Master's in Taxation/or Accounting
- Big Four experience.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.