To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Representative - Northern, CA
Penske Truck Leasing • Sacramento, CA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Human Resources Representative is responsible for performing professional human resources work in a variety of concentrations, including: Compliance, Training and Development, Staffing and Recruiting, Associate and Labor Relations, as well as Administrative Duties and special projects for the area. This position will work closely with Area HR Leadership in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs and are fully engaged and properly developed to provide sustained business success.
This position will be based in Sacramento, and support operations for the Northwest Area. This area covers San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento Area.
• Assist with compliance and systems support in regard to all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to: HIPAA, FMLA and USERRA), as well as Company-sponsored plans, programs and Collective Bargaining Agreements
• Conducts wage analysis and gathers wage information as directed by AHRM
• Updates exit interview, turnover and retention data
• Provide guidance to associates to ensure compliance with all FMLA requirements
• Advises Human Resources Manager on any employee concerns, issues or complaints. Is actively engaged in policy interpretation
• Responsible for compliance of HR related matters (e.g. I-9s, AAP good faith efforts)
Training and Development
• Assists/conducts “New Associate Orientation” for associates
• Assists in setting up other trainings as needed in support of the company’s organizational development strategy
• Assists and conducts new hire training
• Monitors training records, identifies training needs, communicates and coordinates training classes with participants, oversees enrollment
• Assists with the training of HR Systems and Process Training for Managers
• Conducts Ambassador training for newly appointed Ambassadors as well as provides “refresher” training for current Ambassadors
• Helps monitor PCM, goal plans, developmental plans, mid-year check ins completion and execution in partnership with AHRM
• Promotes a positive working environment and will assist in creating a culture of engagement.
• Fosters an inclusive work environment. Promotes diversity awareness
Staffing and Recruiting
• Attend recruiting events as needed and assigned by Area Recruiter and AHRM.
• Support Area Recruiter in its recruiting efforts by collaborating with managers
• Anticipate staffing needs and work proactively to develop staffing strategies
• Establish and maintain relationships with Universities, Colleges, Tech Schools, Community Based Organizations, etc.
• Assist in building candidate pipelines
• Utilizes and encourages the use of a diversity lens when sourcing and selecting candidates for open positions
• Provides insight to the background check process; for those under review, present details to Area HR Manager for approval
• Assist and/or manage on-boarding activities to include Area Ambassador Program
Associate and Labor Relations
• Assists with policy interpretation
• Partners with Corporate HR Departments as needed (i.e. payroll, shared services, workers; comp, etc)
• In partnership with AHRM, assists with bargaining prep (wage analysis and HR metrics needed for negotiations)
• Assists in conducting risk assessments and follow-up in partnership with AHRM
• Ensures Area consistency in performance management and corrective action process (i.e. attendance policy administration)
• Performs administrative duties for the AHRM and Area Recruiter
• Special Assignments and tasks as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Supports the Associate onboarding process as needed
• Coordinates HR and Area departmental – sponsored events
• Updates reporting databases
•Bachelors Degree required; degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or closely related field strongly preferred.
•1-3 years of HR generalist experience, or equivalent business experience preferred.
•Willingness to travel as needed to various locations as required or as directed by Area leadership.
•Experience in a unionized environment is a plus.
•Detail oriented with strong organization and documentation skills.
•Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
•Familiarity with HRIS systems (Oracle and Taleo preferred).
•Ability to interpret Employment Law (Federal and State) and general HR policies.
•Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
•Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization both in person and through written correspondence and presentations.
•Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific locations required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
•The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
•While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
•Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.